Meadowlark photographed at Blackie’s Spit, White Rock B.C. in January 2007.
Thanks to Keri at Keri Recommends and Dorraine Bennet at Dori Reads for adding wonderful rays of sunshine to my day and, over the last little while, nominating this blog for a SUNSHINE AWARD! That’s definitely the way to brighten up a foggy January!
Here are the (flexible) rules:
1. Acknowledge the nominating bloggers
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger creates for you
4. List 11 bloggers you nominate for a Sunshine Award.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
- I’m the oldest of nine. I grew up on a farm. I love my garden more than it loves me. Chocolate and more chocolate please. I get into breakfast habits—current one: porridge and yogurt with fruit. I despise buying shoes. We got our first computer in 1991. In another life I was a medical transcriptionist. I hate being cold. I crochet when I watch TV. I love the sport of curling (watching not playing).
11 Questions from Keri / Dorraine (I picked some from both)
1. A book you wish you had written?
Daphne DuMaurier’s Rebecca – that is one cool book!
2. Next place you hope to visit?
Dawson Creek, B.C. That’s in the northeast of our province (where it is winter in earnest). I’m planning to visit in February to help with the grands when my daughter’s little one is due.
3. Early bird or night owl?
4. Comedy or drama?
5. Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind?
No music or if I do, it can’t have any words. Music with lyrics is way too distracting for me to write by.
6. Best thing your mother taught you?
It’s okay to make a mess when you’re creating something.
7. What do you do first thing in the morning?
Turn on the coffee (which my husband has set up the night before) and shower.
8. When you’re in a crowd, do you find a corner or work the room?
Corner—trying to get better at working the room.
9. Something you like to cook/bake?
Cookies—especially chocolate chip.
10. Beach or mountains?
11. What makes you smile?
Passing the Sunshine Award on to these bloggers because they brighten my day!
Kiwiskan – at Kiwisoar
Ellen Grace Olinger at Poems from Oostburg, Wisconson
Catherine at Catherine Johnson
Magical Mystical Teacher
Joy Acey at Poetry for Kids Joy
Mary Lee Hahn at A Year of Reading
Jama at Jama’s Alphabet Soup
Laura Purdie Salas at Writing the World for Kids
Diane Mayr at Random Noodling
Mary Waind at Beech Croft Tales
And now here are 11 questions from me if choose to play along (please don’t feel obligated).
1. What’s your favourite ice-cream?
2. What was your biggest childhood fear?
3. What’s your hobby?
4. Are there any skills you had as a kid but have lost?
5. What’s your favourite weather?
6. Do you write first drafts with pen or at the keyboard?
7. Were you happy with your name as a kid? If not, what did you wish it was?
8. Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?
9. What’s your favourite section in the library?
10. What’s your favourite city? Why?
11. In sports are you a player or spectator?